Restrict Menu Items
This feature allows you to restrict menu items of your site guests, members or by user roles. You can assign permission levels within each menu item. By default, menu items will be displayed to all users.
You can go to Appearance -> Menus -> Select a menu to edit and choose a specific menu or the default menu. Then go to expand menu items and you will see the additional settings called Visibility and Permitted User Roles settings as shown in the following screenshot.
Let’s look at the Visibility options.
- Everyone – Enables the menu item for all users
- Members – Enables menu item only for logged in users
- Guests – Enables menu item only for users who are not logged in
- By User Role – Enables menu item for selected user roles
- By Users – Enables menu item for selected users
If you choose By User Role as Visibility, you have to select the allowed user roles from Permitted User Roles option.
If you choose By Users as Visibility, you have to select the allowed users roles from Permitted Users option.